The Mullins

Sunday, February 12, 2012

First, and hopefully last, trip to the Emergency Room!

This has been quite an eventful week for us.  Scott, Clayton, and Hollis have all been sick with a cold.  Hollis had a Dr appointment for an ear infection, and as we were getting baths Wednesday night Clayton starting complaining of stomach pain.  This was not your ordinary, "My belly hurts".  He was literally pacing the house screaming in pain.  He would lay on the floor, get on the couch, walk from room to room, nothing would give him relief.  He was holding his breath and breathing funny from the pain he was feeling.  I had never in my life seen him like thise.  His eyes were glassy and he just couldn't get relief.  The part that sent me over the edge and prompted the trip to the emergency room, was that he started to go white around his mouth and lose conciousness.  I scooped him up and flew to the emergency room.  I have never been that scared in my entire life.  I just prayed all the way there, that he would be okay.  I didn't know if he was having an attack of the appendix or what!?  He was shaking with fever by the time we got there.  The lady at the desk literally had to tell me 3 times what to write on the paper I was so shaken up.  I am not exaggerating, and not saying this just because he is mine, but he was beyond an angel.  We were in that emergency room for 4, yes 4 hours!  He was as good as gold.  He sat on that bed and played my Iphone.  He let the Dr examine him, he had x-rays done, a strep test, a flu test, and blood tests.  I was nervous about the blood test, but he was an absolute trooper!!!  He said ouch, and the nurse even had to "dig around" before getting the vein, but he was so brave.  He didn't fight us at all and barely shed a tear...his eyes watered, but he didn't even really cry.  The nurse even said, "I have never had a child taht small be that good during a blood draw!"  I was so, so proud of him!!!  He got a popsicle, and he was beyond thrilled about that!  Thankfully all of the test results came back normal.  I am so thankful for that.  I have never felt so helpless in my life...as a Mommy you never want your children to hurt and I would have traded places with him in a heartbeat.  I was scared out of my mind.  I am thanking God for a healthy little boy, my heart goes out to those parents with sick children who endure things like this on a daily basis.  Thanking God over and over for my blessings!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers