The Mullins

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Father's Day Daddy!!!

My boys and I are incredibly blessed to have Scott as a husband and Daddy!  I could not have chosen a better Daddy for my children.  He puts his family first because he wants to, not because he has to.  He has given up hobbies willingly because he would genuinely rather be with the boys and I.  That is so rare to find these days.  From the moment he walks in the door from work until they go to bed he is playing with the boys.  There are many Dad's who would rather unwind on the couch and watch a TV show after a long day of working, but not Scott, he would rather play with the boys and spend time with his family and I am so thankful for that.  He has taken on the sole responsibility of providing for our family so that I can stay at home and raise our children, and for that I will be forever thankful to him.  He could not have given us a better gift than that!!!!  We just want him to know how thankful we are to him for all he does and sacrifices for our family...we love you so much!!!  Happy Father's Day!

We also want to say Happy Father's Day to Pop Pop.  He came over to celebrate with us, and the boys gave him the cutest shirt that says, "Team Pop Pop" and has two little boys with my boys names underneath it.  I'm pretty sure Pop Pop loved it :)  Thank you for all you do for us Pop Pop, we love you!!!!

We spend Father's day going to church and then having a cookout with family that evening.  Believe it or not, I was so busy cleaning and cooking that I didn't take a single picture :/  I could literally kick myself!!!!!  We had a wonderful evening with good food and good company!

This day is always bittersweet for me.  While I love celebrating my husband and father-in-law, a huge part of my heart is missing.  The most important man in my life is no longer with me here on earth.  While I know he is always with me and have talked with Clayton about his Poppy...he knows that Poppy is his special angel.  I have told him how much his Poppy loves him and would have taught him how to fish and do so many things!  My Dad is my hero, and was such an amazing father.  He never missed a single thing I ever did, and most of all he was my biggest fan and cheerleader!  From the time I was born, all the way to when I was teaching and had my own classroom, he never missed a thing.  He would always help me set up my classroom at the beginning of the school year, and come to my classroom and eat lunch with me.  These are moments I will treasure always.  I am thankful and blessed to have had such an amazing Dad, I certainly couldn't have asked for a better one.  He was there for me his entire life, devoted to putting me and my happiness first.  I am thankful that I was able to be with him in his final moments holding his hand as he took his last breath here, and first breath into heaven.  That was the worst time in my entire life, but at the same time such a blessing to help him to let go and be forever pain free and living an eternal life with our Father in Heaven.  I know that we will all be together again one day.  Happy Father's Day to my Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers