The Mullins

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Meeting Baby Brother Hollis...

Family of Four! (Notice he is holding his big brother gift...and hasn't let go since!)
Clayton liked mommy's new cup!

Happy to be back with Mommy!


This moment was much anticipated for me, and I had a lot of excitement, anxiety, and just worry about how Clayton would receive his little brother. He is still so young, at 22 months, so we explained and prepared him as much as we possibly could, but you never know! We had a gift ready for Clayton from his little brother...a Mater shake and go truck, and a Mater movie! Mater just happens to be his favorite character from Cars. I was anxious to see Clayton since I rarely leave him and I didn't realize when I went in that I was in labor and I wouldn't be home for several days. I was so happy to see him, and for him to meet his brother. I think the whole hospital setting was a little overwhelming for him with all the people and not being use to being away from us. He really wasn't interested in anyone but mommy and daddy at the hospital, and we didn't want to push things on him but rather let him discover our new addition on his own. Once we got home, things were much different, he showed an interest in Hollis and says, "baby" when pointing to him and things that belong to him. My mom worked on saying Hollis and talked a lot about him with Clayton while we were in the hospital which I think helped. He is adjusting better than I expected, and I am so happy to be home with both of my babies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers