The Mullins

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Hollis Elliot Mullins 11-21-10



















We are excited beyond belief to announce the birth of our second son, Hollis Elliot Mullins...born November 21st at 6:10 am, weighing 7lbs 10oz, length 19 1/2 inches long.

Here is the story...
I had planned a long awaited lunch/movie date with some of my good friends from Owensboro that I don't get to see often. We actually kept joking that I couldn't go into labor until at least Saturday night so that we could have our date. I woke up not feeling well Saturday morning, but figured it was just simply that I was 38 weeks pregnant to the day. So off to lunch I go, then to see the movie Due Date, yes that is right...Due Date! I am starting to feel really sweaty and clammy in the movies and getting really sick to my stomach, so I quietly get up go to the bathroom, barely make it to a stall before I start getting sick. I texted my friends that I was in the bathroom getting sick and needed to leave. I went home continued to get sick and layed down for a few hours. Still not feeling well, I have Scott take me to the hospital thinking I just had the flu and needed fluids. Well, turns out I was in labor! I was 3 cm dilated, 75% thinned and after consulting with the Dr. on call, they decided this was the real deal and they were admitting me. Dr. Ramsey was not on call that evening, so that worried me a little at first, but we ended up having Dr. Mann and he was wonderful, and honestly as long as my baby is healthy and taken care of...that is all that matters. So, since we didn't know the gender of baby and Dr. Ramsey was the only one that knew...literally no one knew which made for a really exciting room! After laboring all night, Hollis Elliot was born at 6:10 am...an absolutely amazing moment, just as amazing as the first time. It is unbelievable how much love overwhelms you the moment that baby is placed into your arms...as if he has always been in our lives, and was always meant to be. Daddy and I cried tears of joy over this beautiful, perfect, baby boy of ours. The same overwhelming joy we felt the day we had Clayton came all over again. What an amazing day!!! So thankful and honored that God chose us to be Hollis' parents. He has already brought so much joy to our lives...the best is yet to come! We are now a family of four!











No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers