The Mullins

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Scott's first Father's Day





























It was so exciting celebrating Scott's first Father's day! I cannot tell you how blessed Clayton and I are to have such a wonderful man to care for us. I am so thankful that Clayton has a father to teach him to be a good man, and love and support him throughout his life. I just love watching the two of them interact with one another...they bring the biggest smiles to each other's faces...smiles that light up a room and put tears in my eyes. The love and bond between them is already so strong, I can see how close they are and will always be. Happy Father's Day Scott, thank you for being such a wonderful father and husband...we are truly blessed to have you in our lives!

We started out Father's day by bringing Scott breakfast from McDonalds, followed by Clayton giving Daddy the Dharma shirts he wanted (he is a huge fan of the show Lost). Scott requested matching Daddy and son Dharma shirts. We also surprised him with tickets to one of his favorite bands...Kings of Leon. Then, we were off to the driving range to hit some golf balls, and we met Grandpa and Uncle Brian at Hooters for dinner! All in all it was a great day!

One very important person was missing from our Father's Day celebration, my dad (Clayton's Pops). Although he was not with us in person, he is with us every single day, watching over us. Clayton will know his Pops because we surround him with memories and I tell him about him everyday. I know that my dad had something to do with blessing us with Clayton. I see my dad in him more and more everyday....his big blue eyes, his smile, and his charming personality...all wonderful attributes he inherited from his Pops. We will make sure that we do all of the things my dad would have wanted to do with him like taking him fishing and teaching him to play guitar on my dad's guitar. Clayton has a blanket made of my dad's shirts and a bear wearing a shirt made from my dad's shirt. He was such a huge part of my life, the best dad in the entire world and he will be a huge part of Clayton's life as well...I only wish he were here in person because believe me...you wouldn't have been able to keep him away from this little boy. He would have been CRAZY for him, and spending time with him as much as he possibly could...because that is what he did with me. Happy Father's Day to my dad and Clayton's Pops...we love you and miss you every second of every minute of every hour of every day!




No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers