The Mullins

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day 2011

We want to be just like Daddy!

Painting the horse he picked out for Daddy
Hollis supervising!
The finished products!
For Father's Day we met Pop Pop and Uncle B at Hooter's for lunch.  The boys did great!  We gave everyone their presents.  We got Daddy a picture frame with a poem about wanting to be like Daddy.  The first two pictures were in the frame along with the poem.  I also took the boys to Fired Up Pottery and made a mug with Clayton's hand print and Hollis' foot print.  Then I let Clayton pick out anything he wanted to paint for Daddy.  He picked out a horse and painted it in MANY, MANY colors.  He had a ball doing that.  We thought it would be perfect for Daddy's office!  I am so blessed to have such an amazing man in my life who is an equally amazing father to my two beautiful boys.  I had an amazing father who was my biggest fan, loved me unconditionally, and never missed a single event in my life and so did Scott.  It is so nice knowing that my boys will have such a strong and positive role model to guide them through life as well.  He is such a hands on Daddy, and would pretty much rather be with his boys than anything else.  I don't know too many Dad's that are as hands on as he is.  He used to workout after work or ride his mountain bike, but since the boys he either does it on his lunch, during their naps, or after they go to bed so that he doesn't miss out on any time with them.  He also gave us the gift of letting me be home to raise them.  While some Dad's who work all day want to come home and relax, put up their feet, and watch TV...Scott barely gets in the door and he is already playing with the boys on the floor, taking them for a ride in the bike trailer, or just exploring outside.  I could literally go on and on with examples of the the amazing Daddy that he is.  I am in awe of him and thank God every night for sending him to me...I couldn't ask for a better husband or father!  Happy Father's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers