The Mullins

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Stay at Home Mommy...


After making it, barely, one school year, I am now officially a stay at home mommy and I couldn't be happier! Yes, I will miss the job that I love and it was a tough day that last day of school, but I am so happy with the decision I made! I am also so very thankful to Scott for allowing me this opportunity. Other than my babies, it is truly the best gift I have ever been given. I am so happy to be the one to be here for all the little moments, boo boos, laughter, and even the tantrums. Two of my very best friends got me a book on my last day at school entitled Let's Go On a Mommy Date by Karen Kingsbury, which was so incredibly appropriate for the moment. The book talks about all of the places they will go together like the zoo and the circus, but in the end they are on the couch together reading a book and the mommy says, "Hey wait, you're here beside me now, is this our Mommy Date? Never mind the other places. Here we are. Why wait? One day we'll go to the park , the circus, farm, and zoo, but for today let's cuddle with this book, just me and you. See, time will take you far from here; you're growing way too fast. All I want is Mommy time to make the moments last. Something we'll remember so that come some far-off day, you'll know how much I loved you 'cause we took the time to play." That pretty much sums it up, I have the best job in the world and couldn't be more thankful to have it because I know that one day when they are all grown up I will have all of these "Mommy Dates" to look back on.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new job! I am so happy for you! I know that you will be just as busy, if not more, at home than when you are at work. I am exhausted every day with two of them! However, I wouldn't change any moments with them and my "mommy dates" are the best times of the day!

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers