The Mullins

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Clayton's First Guitar Lesson...










One of the most treasured items I have of my dad's is his guitar. The reason I hold it so dear to my heart is because music was one of his loves and more importantly just because it belonged to him, a little piece of him. He was such a talented musician and very respected among musicians in this area. His talent was so natural...he couldn't read music, but played by ear. He could hear a song and just play it. He also had an amazing singing voice. Scott has always wanted to play and took a few lessons from my dad, so I wanted him to have it. Both Scott and I would love for Clayton to take lessons if he is interested, and we will definitely play my dad's music for him. Hopefully he will inherit my dad's musical talent. The other night Scott was strumming around on the guitar and Clayton was mesmerized by the sound and started grabbing at the strings...he is fast and grabby these days :) So I of course snapped a few priceless pictures of this priceless first guitar "lesson".




No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers